5/02/2011

east coast girl returns to the east coast

In late November 2009, I left the east coast. I got on Route 66 and went to explore the west coast. As I'm sure you can tell from my blog here, it was a great adventure. But I have to say, I was pretty excited about returning to the east coast and once I started heading this way, realized how much I had missed it.

But I guess the east coast didn't miss me .... since I've been back, I've had a few 'realizations':

Gas is in the $4.29-$4.89 range.

I had to pay over $40 in tolls in just two days. They totally cleaned me out. I only have a single, lonely dollar bill left in my wallet.

The roads are absolutely awful. How bad, you ask? They're so bad, screws are falling out all over the place. I found one on the floor near the bathroom door and have no idea where it came from. I found another screw in the middle of my bed and I don't know where it goes.

And to top it all off, I had a severe allergy attack today. I had no allergies the whole time I was on the west coast. Today I have been totally miserable. Sneezing non stop and it seems someone just opened a water faucet in my nose. My head feels like a balloon. No energy. Complete misery.

But, the sun will shine tomorrow and it will be a brand new day! I am certainly looking forward to that!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, those were my exact thoughts when I went back there a couple years ago....I could not wait to leave and come back home to the west.
    Good luck though, I know you need to be back in FL and hope it is better there and your allergies chill out....
    Hugs,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bro Bri.

    It had never been like that for me. I guess I had to completely "leave" and come back, to see what people were talking about. I found out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Mar. Any where near Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not heading south yet, I'm in New Hampshire now.

    ReplyDelete

Randomly interesting things along the way

Bella the RV - home is where I park her