10/31/2010

The Integratron in Landers, California (click here for more info)



To celebrate Halloween, today I went to a sound bath at The Integratron. After registering, you take of your shoes, climb up the steep stairs, and then lay on the floor for the half hour acoustic experience. Because of my bad back I am not able to lay on the floor for any amount of time, so I was the only person in the room sitting up.

You’re supposed to lay still and close your eyes, but I was fascinated watching the process, so I couldn't keep my eyes closed. The instruments used to make the relaxing and soothing sounds are the white quartz crystal bowls you’ll see in the picture below.

From their website:

The Integratron is an acoustically perfect tabernacle and energy machine sited on a powerful geomagnetic vortex in the magical Mojave Desert.

The Sound Bath is a sonic healing session that you can experience in this highly resonant, multiwave sound chamber. The quartz crystal singing bowls are keyed to the energy centers or chakras of the body, where sound is nutrition for the nervous system. The results are waves of peace, heightened awareness, and relaxation of the mind and body.

















11 comments:

  1. Great post! I've never heard of this, but want to do it...

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very cool. I hope you get to do it. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sounds" great. I want to try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool building. I don't see any men in the images. This sound therapy concept seems a lot like the psycological effect obtained from chanting and singing.
    -Pete, in Tacoma WA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karyn, you'll love it, it was great. I hope you get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete,

    There were men there, I didn't notice there weren't any in the pics. There were probably 20-30 people there the day I went, and I'd say it was half men an half women, give or take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neither, I don't think. The sign says it is a collection of things left behind by people who have visited and were moved by the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mar we check in from time to time, you find the best stops, to unwind, we lived in CCali for 10 years and you still find spots we never herd of! If you ever find your self back In Fort-Smith Arkansas, drop us a email love to have you stop in ,we have a few neat spots here you might love, We have 5 Acres off the highway were you can rest up , good food RV friends ,grate spot to park a bit, enjoy the lights our 8 'rock fire pit and pond, just a couple of fellow RV in our American Tradition,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, that is very kind of you. I will certainly let you know if I make it back to your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant Mar. Am planning to hit the road part-time next year and maybe full-time after that if all works out. This is definitely one of those places that will make life on the open road more interesting for me. Thanks for the tip and love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you love the blog, thanks!

    I think you'll really like this place. Best of luck with your plans!

    ReplyDelete

Randomly interesting things along the way

Bella the RV - home is where I park her